Some facts of Android TV Summit APAC:
|Number of years||Third year|
|Visitors||About 1,500 (2018 was 1,200)|
Nov 12th, 2019, Berkeley Hotel Bangkok:
Today kick off the 2019 edition of Android TV Summit APAC at heart of Bangkok metropolitan. Berkeley Hotel situated in the middle of famous Bangkok Pratunam night market.
The objectives of the Android TV Summit APAC 2019 are:
- Get invaluable Android TV technical and commercial updates
- Experience the latest product demos (Demo House)
- Network with other ecosystem partners from across the region, including TV and Telco operators, TV set manufacturers, SOCs, OEMs, System Integrators, Broadcasters, Publishers and Digital Advertisers (Expo Day – Nov 14)
This year’s summit also added separate workshop session for Retail, Play, Monetization, and Panel TV. Also, first for Android TV summit is a full scale Google House Smart Home simulator that include a car porch with Android Auto demo.
As a recognized world leader in home entertainment, smart home device discovery and control solution, Universal Electronics Inc (UEI) were invited by Google team to support in the showcase of home entertainment advanced solution in Assistant application.
UEI showcased how Nevo Butler when used with Google Assistant can enhance the device and content interaction on operators’ set-top boxes, covering both new and legacy STBs.
Google Demo House : Day 1
Mi Robot Vacuum
Mi Bedside Lamp
SDMC Smart speaker STB
SDMC aromatic lamp
Mi Desk Lamp 1SUEI demo:
IKEA Smart Curtain with IKEA Hub
Samsung 42” Tizen TV
SKB android TV STB
Ecolink door sensor
|Front of Google House:
SDMC smart curtain, Skyworth multi IP cam integration, Yale lock integration, Coship smart gas valve, etc.
UEI demo is the only operator content centric in the house, enabling an intuitive entertainment experience across all devices:
- “Ok Google, talk to Nevo Butler” to activate Nevo Butler action in Google Assistant
- “Watch TV”, demonstrate the power One Touch View, that even turns on TV and switch to the correct HDMI ports
- “Go to Disney Channel”, enhanced voice interaction experience can be applied to legacy STB
- “Go to channel 200”, bringing handsfree voice control experience to legacy STB
- “Mute TV” or “Turn off TV” followed by “Goodbye” to end the Google Assistant conversation.
Other noteworthy demo in the demo house:
Indoor and outdoor Air Quality Sensor concept demo by Kaon, the outdoor and indoor devices are with UE878 built in. Sensors measure PM10, PM2.5 and CO2.
Look out for more pictures and news around the expo in Day 2 update!